In this issue, we want to introduce our readers to a wonderful person and a magnificent musician Pavel Molchanov, who was pleased to attend a festive concert,
dedicated to the 5th anniversary of the newspaper “Russian Edge”, and presented an exclusive program of works on the saxophone.
– Tell us about the beginning of a creative career? How did you start making music?
– love for music me was grafted by my father completely at a young age. My father once even played with Louis Armstrong. But this is a separate story. Well, in the future
– like everyone else: musical school, then conservatory, 24 years big scenes and finally bright the present.
– What are you still on?play instruments apart from the saxophone?
– There are 4 groups musical instruments (not counting, of course,
hybrid group). BUT namely, strings, keyboards, winds and percussions. All these guys are “animate” and I have
great relationship with each one of them. Musical instruments for musician what stones for gnomes, in one word.
– In what style do you prefer to work and which one is closest to you?
– I love jazz very much, and, of course, experimental musical constructions. Himself I try to write in a broad form, for example, 3 a year ago he finished a symphony, on which he worked for 5 years.
– How do you find interest locals in visiting musical events? In Cyprus also a lot of Russian-speaking public?
– In my humble public interest directly depends on the artist, on the quality of performance, on the inner charisma and expressive games. And, in principle, the audience is the same everywhere.
– What’s new you discovered right here on Cyprus?
– In Cyprus, I feel renewed and mentally healthy man for memental health is the most important thing!
– what are the creative plans for the future?
– Concerning plans never tried to plan something more creative processes that in my opinion, and beautiful for its spontaneity and unpredictability.